A Turkish demining team of experts started to remove mines and IEDs planted by Khalifa Haftar's forces in south Tripoli, Tarhouna and other areas, according to the Libyan Foreign Ministry.
The Ministry said Thursday that Minister Mohammed Sayala met with the Turkish ambassador to Libya and discussed the work of the Turkish demining experts, in addition to reviewing cooperation between the two countries and the latest developments in Libya.
Turkish ambassador said Turkey will always stand by Libyan legitimate government and people as per all international laws and UN Security Council resolutions on Libya.
Anadolu Agency reported that demining experts from the Turkish Armed Forces on Thursday started clearing civilian areas in Libya, adding that the move comes upon the request of the Libyan government to ensure the safe return of civilians to their homes located in areas liberated from Haftar's forces.
It added that the Turkish demining experts and Turkish Special Forces started work to ensure security and a return to normalcy in such areas.
Meanwhile, a government committee for human rights said 34 people were killed and 50 others injured so far in mine explosions in areas liberated from Haftar's forces.