The Libyan Army forces have advanced on different frontlines, formerly held by Khalifa Haftar's forces, in southern Tripoli, in a continuation of a large-scale offensive that started Friday by the forces under the command of the Government of National Accord (GNA).
The spokesman for the Libyan Army Mohammed Gununu said Saturday that GNA forces had seized full control of Hamza, Yarmouk and Sawareekh (Missiles) military camps as well as other major frontlines in southern Tripoli such as Mashroa Al-Hadba and Khallat Al-Furjan as well as Al-Khallatat, which was also confirmed by the Volcano of Rage Operation.
GNA forces, after seizing most of Salah Al-Deen frontline Friday, continued their advance on other areas in Ain Zara like Fatima Al-Zahraa neighborhood near Wadi Rabea, reaching frontlines that had been seized by Haftar's forces since April 05 last year, when Haftar started his offensive on Tripoli.
Gununu, meanwhile, called on residents of the liberated frontlines not to rush into returning to their houses due to the mines planted by Haftar's forces inside the houses before fleeing the area, saying military engineers were removing the mines and explosives to secure their return.
On Friday, the Libyan Health Ministry said three people were killed by mine explosions as they went to their houses in areas liberated from Haftar's forces.