The Tripoli Protection Force (TPF) said it had controlled different southern Tripoli areas, adding that the attacking forces had retreated to their previous locations.
TPF said on Facebook Saturday that the 7th Brigade had suffered great losses in all frontlines in southern Tripoli after they had foiled their attacks, depriving them a foothold in Tripoli.
"We're continuing our military operations in all fighting zones until we end the presence of the attacking brigades. Afterwards, we will hand control of all areas to the security apparatuses after being secured." TPF explained.
According to sources, the 7th Brigade has lost all locations and retreated to Tarhouna city and it built sand barriers at the entrance of Fam Mulgha checkpoint in west of the city.
Eyewitnesses in Qasir Benghashir said calm has descended on the district and other southern parts of Tripoli as fighting headed toward Tarhouna, where the 7th Brigade is positioned.
11 people - mostly fighters - have been killed and 43 others have been injured due to the clashes, the spokesman of the Health Ministry, Ameen Al-Hashmi said.
Al-Hashmi said conflicting reports about casualties on media were intentional, adding that he can confirm that no more than 11 had been killed and 43 wounded.