More than 10 makeshift houses for Tawregha IDPs were completely destroyed on Wednesday after a major fire broke out at one of the camps accommodating hundreds of IDPs in Tripoli.
Member of the Local Council of Tawregha, Abdul-Nabi Abu Arrabah, said the fire that broke out at Janzour camp caused no casualties, but turned 13 makeshift houses to ashes.
He added that 12 families made up of 85 people were affected by the fire and they were accommodated in other camps in the capital until a residence is found.
“We contacted the concerned government authorities and we got the green light from Tripoli Security Directorate to use one of the locations for a foreign company that left the country as a shelter for the affected families”. Abu Arrabah remarked.
The blaze was caused by a short circuit. It’s the third fire this year. The first one was in March and the second was in August.