Mahmoud Al-Werfalli will not be handed over to ICC, says Al-Mismari

News In Brief

Mahmoud Al-Werfalli will not be handed over to ICC, says Al-Mismari

February 10, 2018 - 14:23
Written by: HousamNajjair

The spokesman of Dignity Operation, Ahmed Al-Mismari, has declared that his leadership will not hand over the senior field commander in the Special Forces, Mahmoud Al-Werfalli, to the International Criminal Court (ICC).

Al-Mismari said in a television interview on Thursday that the Military Police had released Al-Werfalli on bail, adding that they are not considering handing him over to the ICC at all.

"Handing him over to the International Criminal Court is out of the question," said Al-Mismari, adding that the Libyan military law is a strict one.

Al-Werfalli had previously stated that he had surrendered himself to the military police in the eastern city of Marj, following calls from the ICC to arrest him.