House fire caused by heater kills elderly couple

News In Brief

House fire caused by heater kills elderly couple

February 23, 2021 - 14:21
Written by: SafaAlharathy

A fire caused by a heater has claimed the lives of an elderly couple living in the al-Hadhba neighbourhood of Tripoli.

According to the Tripoli Security Directorate, the fire broke out at night and the couple died of suffocation while asleep.

The security directorate urged people to be cautious when using heaters, indicating that heating equipment is one of the leading causes of home fires.

"The heaters are not meant to work all day. Make sure the equipment you'r using conforms to the safety standard specifications, including the quality of the cord," the security directorate stated.