National Centre for Disease Control declares Libya coronavirus-free

National Centre for Disease Control declares Libya coronavirus-free

February 23, 2020 - 11:23
Posted in:
Written By: RabiaGolden

The Centre for Disease control in Libya announced on Saturday that there were no suspected cases of coronavirus registered to date in Libya.

This information is based on data received from hospitals and health centers and includes the Office of International Health Supervision who has been carefully monitoring the response to all and any suspected cases at every port of entry into Libya.

In a review regarding the measures of prevention to eliminate the spread of the virus to Libya, they announced the setting up of a national committee to confront the problem.

Their task is to continually monitor the global epidemiological status and to form a procedure of detection, to include the use of thermal cameras on all travelers at every entry point into the country.

The incidence of infection has now topped more than 78,000 cases worldwide with 2,464 deaths, however, 23,315 patients have recovered from the virus.

78 per cent of the remaining cases are in mild condition, whilst 22 per cent are either in a serious or critical condition.

News in images :

26-03-2020
19-03-2020
11-03-2020
07-03-2020