Foreign Ministry asks Libyans to avoid traveling to China

Foreign Ministry asks Libyans to avoid traveling to China

January 29, 2020 - 21:55
Posted in:
Written By: AbdulkaderAssad

The Libyan Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday that Libyans should avoid traveling to China due to the outbreak of the novel Coronavirus in the Asian country.

The statement urged Libyans to delay their travels to China of their business in there isn't highly necessary, urging the Libyans already living in China to be careful and not to go to crowded places to avoid coming down with the virus.

China said on Wednesday that 26 new cases of Coronavirus had died to make the total 132 deaths and 5974 hospitalized cases in China so far, according to AFP.

The US and Japan have both evacuated their nationals from Wuhan, where the novel Coronavirus first broke out, in central China.

On January 25, the Libyan National Center for Disease Control confirmed that there had been no registered Coronavirus cases in Libya, saying they had been on alert and taken all precautions for this novel virus.

The center said there was no danger on public health in Libya and it is too early to consider the Coronavirus an emergency in Libya as there had been no cases in the country.