39 Sabratha fighters were killed and 101 others injured in clashes against ISIS in the outskirts of the city, the Health Ministry of the Salvation Government said in a press conference on Friday, as the city was declared free of the ISIS organization.
Deputy Minister Khaled Al-Talib said the injuries range from severe to moderate, confirming that 7 of the severely wounded fighters have been sent to Tunisia.
He also indicated that his government is in contact with the Maltese government to receive some of the severely wounded fighters.
Meanwhile, the Defense Ministry of Salvation Government has declared that Sabratha is now free of the ISIS group.
"The entire city and its outskirts have been liberated, and the so-called ISIS organization was defeated." The ministry said in a statement on Friday, adding that most of the arrested ISIS militants were Tunisians.
It urged the Tunisian government to protect its borders and halt the infiltration of Tunisian terrorists into Libya.
Sources from the city said the revolutionaries are now conducting a combing operation in the outskirts of the city to deal with ISIS fugitives.
Social media activists and journalists posted a picture of an ISIS militant claiming he is the Tunisian militant Nour-Eddin Shushan, who the Pentagon claimed he was killed in the US airstrike in Sabratha last week. Shushan, according to the sources, was killed in clashes against the city's revolutionaries and not in the US airstrike.