The Libyan Ministry of Transportation said it had resumed work at the Tripoli International Airport after being suspended over the recent clashes in southern Tripoli.
The media office of the ministry said the work now targets building two new passengers' lounges - one for domestic flights and the second for international ones.
The office also added that repairing work had been resumed after security measures were put in place by the security preparations committee in coordination with the Interior Ministry.
A three-company coalition started preparing the airport in 2007 but stopped work due to the February 17 revolution in 2011.
The firms later filed a lawsuit against Libya demanding over 500 million euros in compensation, however; A Paris court ruled in favor for Libya demanding it pay 74 million euros for work done by the companies and 15 million for bank orders.