Man killed, his two sons injured in renewed rocket attacks by Haftar's forces on Tripoli

Man killed, his two sons injured in renewed rocket attacks by Haftar's forces on Tripoli

March 22, 2020 - 20:37
Posted in:
Written By: AbdulkaderAssad

One man has been killed and two of his sons were injured in heavy artillery shelling on Ain Zara's Kehaili area in southern Tripoli by Khalifa Haftar's forces, just hours after announcing accepting a humanitarian halt of hostilities to allow authorities to implement preventive measures against Coronavirus outbreak in the country.

The shelling hit several houses in the area as well, according to medical sources, while the media office of Volcano of Rage Operation said the attacks came right after "the trickster Haftar" announced accepting the humanitarian truce.

On Saturday evening, after the announcement of ceasefire for humanitarian reasons by Haftar's spokesman Ahmed Al-Mismari, Abu Salim Mayor Abdelrahman Al-Hamdi said that two children had been injured as Haftar's rockets fell on their apartment in Bab Benghashir.

The Presidential Council said on Saturday, responding to international calls for a humanitarian ceasefire, that such an urge should be made to the aggressor so he stops his violations. It also later said that Haftar's attacks on civilians means he is unreliable.

 

News in images :