The Libyan Foreign Ministry of the Government of National Accord (GNA) said Saturday it was documenting with the concerned authorities the finding of a foreign fighter's body by GNA forces in south Tripoli, adding that it was looking into the fighter's personal belongings to gather evidence.
In a statement on Facebook, the Foreign Ministry added that once the investigation ends, it will send a file of the incident to the Security Council as an additional evidence of the presence of foriegn mercenaries fighting for Khalifa Haftar's forces on Salah Al-Deen frontline in southern Tripoli.
The Special Deterrence Force of the Interior Ministry said Friday it found a Russian Wagner Group mercenary fighter's body after liberating Salah Al-Deen frontline from Haftar's forces.
The body was seen in several photos and videos published by local media, along with the personal belongings he had lying next to his body.
A source from Special Deterrence Force said three Russian mercenaries had been killed in Friday clashes, two of whom had been recovered by their fellow fighters, while the third was left to fall in the hands of Libyan Army forces.