The Head of the Sabha quarantine center Ali Al-Saidi said the first COVID-19 patient in the southern Libyan city died, bringing the total of deaths to four, as the National Center for Disease Control announced registering two new cases among the Libyans who had been returned home from abroad lately.
Now Libya's Coronavirus cases stand at a total of 79 cases, the center said, adding that the two positive cases were among 218 samples received by its Reference Laboratories in Tripoli, Misrata and Benghazi as well as the Tripoli University Hospital.
The southern region in Libya registered the first two Coronavirus cases on Tuesday, one of whom is a woman in her fifties and the second is a man in his thirties.
The two cases contacted with a suspected positive Coronavirus case - the mother of the man - the center said, adding that mother died of high temperature without testing positive for Coronavirus.
"We will follow up with the people who were in contact with the new Coronavirus cases." The center added.
Meanwhile, a source from Sabha said that the mother of the man could have died from Coronavirus but the lack of medical capabilities affected proper diagnosis of the woman.
The source said the new death case suffered severe breathing problems and the Sabha quarantine center teams couldn't save her life as no specialists had been present at the moment, warning of a disaster in Sabha and the wider southern region if the disease spread there.