The Head of the dialogue committee of the Tobruk-based House of Representatives (HoR) Abdelsalam Nesiya, announced Monday evening that they had suspended their participation in the negotiations in Tunisia at the UNSMIL's headquarters.
In a televised statement, Nasiya explained that after days of deliberations, the HoR delegation remarked that the High Council of State (HCS) was keen on not having a conclusive solution for controversial and conflicting points, besides beating around issues that had been done with on previous occasions.
He further explained that the suspension of their participation in the meetings will continue until they obtain written forms explaining in black and white the take of the HCS on the conflicting matters.
Earlier before the statement, the HoR members departed the meeting in Tunis and headed to their residence, where they held a closed meeting to the issues among them.
Amna Emtir, a member of the HCS's dialogue committee, said the dispute between them and the HoR's committee was over guarantees for forming the government, as their team called for solid confirmation that the formation of the government won't be subject to any political agenda.
In the meantime, sources from the meeting confirmed that the reason behind the HoR's withdrawal is the objection of the HCS to annulling Article 08 of the additional provisions, whihc says all military posts would be vacant, including Khalifa Haftar's, knowing that HoR is gasping for keeping the latter's post intact at any cost.
The second round of the Libyan dialogue session kicked off on Sunday in order for the HoR and HCS committee members to further discuss the first round results.
The first round, meanwhile, saw the committee members from both sides come to terms regarding a new Presidential Council with only three members and a separate government, all as part of Ghassan Salame's action plan, which he announced on September 20.