The death toll from Sirte liberation battle since its start in mid-May has reached 210 killed and 1000 wounded, the spokesperson of Al-Bunyan Al-Marsoos (Solid Structure) has declared, criticizing the international community for not providing any support.
"We are fighting ISIS on behalf of the world, but they care about Syria and Iraq and ignore Libya," Brigadier Mohammed Al-Gosri told Press Solidarity.
Al-Gosri said professional ISIS snipers are hindering their movements and they don't have bulletproof vests and combat helmets.
He stressed the battle will continue in high spirits despite lack of international support.
On Tuesday, Al-Bunyan Al-Marsoos forces, a coalition of anti and pro UN-government forces, suffered large losses in infantry where 36 fighters were killed and 159 others injured as they were advancing to downtown Sirte.
Earlier this month, Martin Kobler, the head of UN mission in Libya, said no weapons would be provided to the forces fighting ISIS in Sirte until the United Nations Security Council makes sure of the loyalty of these forces.