Haftar's rocket attack kills two, injures four in Libya's capital

Haftar's rocket attack kills two, injures four in Libya's capital

March 08, 2020 - 20:35
Posted in:
Written By: AbdulkaderAssad

Two civilians have been killed and four others wounded in renewed Grad and Mortar rockets' shelling by Khalifa Haftar's forces on Souq Al-Jumua and Arada in Tripoli.

The media office of Volcano of Rage Operation of the Government of National Accord (GNA) confirmed on Sunday the number of casualties, saying the deaths were a man and a woman.

Earlier on Sunday, the media office said GNA forces had destroyed an ammunition depot for Haftar's forces in Souq Al-Ahad in south Tripoli in response to Haftar forces' attacks on civilians in the Libyan capital, saying their forces will respond mercilessly to any attacks by "Haftar's militias".

Meanwhile, the spokesman for the Libyan Army Mohammed Gununu said on Saturday that they had destroyed an ammunition depot for Haftar's forces in Qasir Benghashir, where heavy weapons used to bb Tripoli's civilian areas were stored.

Haftar's forces have been increasing their attacks on civilians in Tripoli, especially in Souq Al-Jumua, Sherfat Al-Mallaha and Mitiga Airport's surroundings; hence, causing a massive wave of displacement.