Khalifa Haftar's forces have carried out a rocket attack on Tripoli sea port, hitting the port's facilities and interior quay, according to eyewitnesses.
Photos and footage on social media showed Tuesday afternoon smoke pillowing the sky over Tripoli port, whose sources said fuel and gas vessels docked at the port had been pushed away from the port as a precaution.
The sources added that no casualties had been reported from Haftar's attack on the port, while massive material losses in commercial ships and people's goods were reported by the Libyan Ports Authority.
"All commercial vessels and fuel and gas tankers left the port without offloading, which would cause damage to shipping firms and businesspersons since other vessels were queuing to offload the goods once the first ships finished." The sources added.
Meanwhile, Haftar's forces claimed the attack on Tripoli port as their major operations room said the attack was on an arms and ammunition depot, while their Motivation Department's Chief Khalid Al-Mahjoub said they targeted a Turkish warship.
This attack on the Tripoli port comes a day after Libyans flocked by thousands to streets all across Tripoli, especially the Martyrs Square, and all others cities outside Haftar's control, to celebrate the 9th Anniversary of February 17 Revolution.