The Air Force of the Libyan Army under the Presidential Council government's command has carried out three airstrikes on Khalifa Haftar's forces in Qasir Benghashir in southern Tripoli, destroying an artillery launcher and killing operational fighters believed to be foreigners.
According to identical sources, a number of mercenaries from Eastern Europe - some sources said they were Russians - who got to Libya recently to help operate Haftar's modern weapons were targeted by an airstrike in Qasir Benghashir. Many of the mercenaries were killed.
The field operations room in Tripoli said the Libyan Air Force of the Presidential Council's government had been on the look for the movement of Haftar's forces the lines of their supplies to eventually strike them with precision.
Anti-Haftar media outlets said days ago that mercenaries from Russia and Ukraine arrived in Jufra airbase where Haftar's forces are in control, adding that they are part of a security firm contracted by the UAE to support Haftar's forces in their attacks on Tripoli.
Meanwhile, the commander of Ain Zara frontline Yusef Al-Ameen said calm has prevailed on Monday in the district after the recent advances of the Libyan Army against Haftar's forces.
This comes after Haftar's forces have launched an attack on the district with an air cover attempting to retake positions lost in Saturday clashes, but Special Deterrence Force fighters foiled the attack.
Uneasy calm has also descended on other southern Tripoli frontlines as both sides continue to bring military reinforcements, which is ominous of an imminent offensive by either side.