Five people have been killed in grad rockets attack by Khalifa Haftar's forces on Souq Al-Thelat and Al-Gharbi Street in Tripoli's city center, according to the media adviser of the Libyan Health Ministry Ameen Al-Hashimi.
Al-Hashimi added Sunday that four of the killed civilians had been in Souq Al-Thelat roundabout and the fifth in Al-Gharbi Street, which is a densely populated area in Tripoli. Al-Hashimi also said that two of the injured persons are in very serious conditions.
One of the injured persons is a child whose leg has been amputated and is now at the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital.
Meanwhile, Haftar's rockets hit Sunday evening Omar Al-Mukhtar Street, which is a major road in Tripoli, in addition to the Italians Cemetery in Souq Al-Thelat, and Souq Al-Thelat roundabout, which is a park frequented by many people and kids, and Al-Gharbi Street.
Haftar's forces have been targeting civilians since the start of their aggression on Tripoli in April 2019 as the UNSMIL reported this month that only from April 01 to May 18 this year, 58 people were killed and 190 others injured - a 89% increase from the first three months of 2020.
UNSMIL said the majority of the casualties were caused by Haftar's attacks on Tripoli targets, saying the perpetrators must be held accountable.