The Third Force of the Defense Ministry of UN-installed Presidency Council pulled back from Taminhint Airbase in Sabha early on Thursday, allowing Dignity Operation forces to take control of the airbase peacefully.
The withdrawal aimed to ease rising tensions in the south following last week’s attack on Brak Al-Shati Airbase, which left more than 60 Dignity Operation dead.
“We decided to withdraw to save blood after Dignity Operation militias’ incitement of civilians to attack the Third Force,” a source from the Third Force said.
Local media sources said the Third Force had moved to Al-Jufra district in central Libya.
Dignity Operation media outlets posted a video of commander of Dignity Operation forces in the south Mohamed Ben Nayal inside the airbase.