The body of a 15-year-old boy - Hamza Al-Kilani Al-Saiti - was found on Tuesday with marks of torture and gunshots at the Safsafa (Willow) Project area in Gawarsha, western Benghazi.
A source close to Al-Saiti’s family said the boy was kidnapped days before his body had been discovered and the police station at Al-Fwihat area was told of the issue, Bawabat Al-Wasat said Wednesday.
This kind of finding is not the first in Benghazi given the chaos and lack of security in the city that is controlled by the Khalifa Haftar-led Dignity Operation forces.
Meanwhile, the fate of the boy named Yazan Hassouna, who was kidnapped in Eastern Salmani area last March, is still unknown after the kidnappers asked for 10.000 dollars for his release, however; he has been off communication since last June.
Relatedly on Monday, officials from Al-Jala Hospital said gunmen sprayed a man named Mahmoud Ben Shetwan with bullets in Salmani area for unknown reasons.
The Red Crescent of Benghazi told the Tripoli branch in a letter in late August that bodies are still being found in landfills, adding that those bodies were for people killed in gunshots while their hands tied and they had clear torture marks on them, adding that the number of bodies found in landfills reached 44, 39 of which were identified and all of them were registered as unknown cases.