February 2020

Haftar's forces strike Tripoli port, bringing marine traffic to a halt

February 18, 2020 - 20:57
Posted in:
Written By: AbdulkaderAssad

Khalifa Haftar's forces have carried out a rocket attack on Tripoli sea port, hitting the port's facilities and interior quay, according to eyewitnesses.

Photos and footage on social media showed Tuesday afternoon smoke pillowing the sky over Tripoli port, whose sources said fuel and gas vessels docked at the port had been pushed away from the port as a precaution.

Algerian Foreign Minister renews rejection to Haftar's Tripoli offensive

February 18, 2020 - 20:29
Posted in:
Written By: AbdulkaderAssad

In a meeting with the Head of Libyan Presidential Council Fayez Al-Sarraj in Libya's capital, the Algerian Foreign Minister Sabri Boukadoum has reiterated that the offensive led by Khalifa Haftar on Tripoli is totally unacceptable.

Boukadoum said Tuesday there could be no military solution in Libya and Algeria would exert all needed efforts to stop the ongoing war.

Libya's State Lawsuits Administration wins case against Turkish firm demanding $95m

February 18, 2020 - 19:53
Posted in:
Written By: AbdulkaderAssad

Court of the International Commercial Chamber rejected the lawsuit lodged by Turkish company Tekfen-TML against the state of Libya calling for compensation worth 95 million dollars, saying its investments were subject to damage in Libya by February 17 revolution in 2011, the administration's Facebook page reported Tuesday.

UNSMIL resumes Libyan military 5+5 talks in Geneva

February 18, 2020 - 19:47
Posted in:
Written By: RabiaGolden

The United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) has announced the resumption of talks by the Libyan Joint Military Commission 5 + 5 on Tuesday at the Palace of the Nations in Geneva.

The mission praised through its Twitter account what it called “the sense of responsibility shown by those taking part”, expressing hope that the military talks would be translated into a broader-based political path which is scheduled to begin on February 26.

The National Center for Disease Control announces evacuation of Libyan citizens for medical treatment from China

February 18, 2020 - 16:02
Posted in:
Written By: RabiaGolden
Director of the Center for Disease Control, Badr Al-Din Al-Najjar

The General Manager of the National Center for Disease Control, Badr Al-Din Al-Najjar, said that several Libyan patients receiving treatment in China have been evacuated back to their homeland in coordination with the Health Attache of the Libyan embassy in Beijing.

Pages