The spokesman for the Libyan Interior Ministry of the Presidential Council's government Al-Mabrouk Abdelahfid said halting security cooperation with France is a clear message that says Libya's sovereignty is above all considerations.
"We hail in this regard the role of the Tunisian authorities in preventing the presser of the east-based foreign minister on their land out of their conviction that such acts would worsen Libya's crisis." The spokesman added in a presser in Al-Aziziya on Monday.
Elders and dignitaries from the western, central regions and Greater Tripoli called Monday on Tarhouna city to withdraw their fighters from the forces attacking Tripoli under Khalifa Haftar's command in order to stop the bloodshed.
Sources from Gharyan city said the forces under the control of Khalifa Haftar had been carrying out an arrest campaign since last Friday to detain several residents who oppose Haftar's attack on Tripoli.
This was coupled with heavy clashes in areas like Guwasim, Tagherna, Buziyan and Maghareba in Gharyan between some of the city's fighters and Haftar's forces.
The sources added that Haftar's forces had arrested over 20 people, especially in Taghsat area in downtown Gharyan.
Thousands of protesters gathered at Tripoli’s Martyrs’ Square on Friday, many in yellow vests, to denounce warlord Khalifa Haftar’s war on Tripoli and French, UAE, Saudi and Egyptian support to him to invade the capital.